Lakes Entrance Regional
Historical Society Inc.
Lakes Entrance Regional Historical Society commenced operation in 1977 as the Tambo Historical Society. In 2000 the Lakes Entrance History Centre & Museum opened in the former Johnsonville school building, now located in Marine Parade.
Our collection includes information on exploration, shipwrecks, early settlers, schools, churches, tourism and businesses.
- Rate records pre 1945
- Detailed school records
- Local public records and documents
- A large collection of photographs
- Early maps
- Records on events of significance
- Local newspapers
- Cemetery records
- Local Attractions
- New Works Heritage Precinct
- World War 1 Carvings & Memorial
- Mississippi Creek Link Track
- Stony Creek Trestle Bridge
- Nyerimilang Homestead and Park
- Lake Bunga Oil Bore
Tuesday 10am – 3pm
Saturday 1.30pm – 4pm
Entry: Gold coin donation
Schools and large groups by arrangements