East Gippsland Shire Library
The East Gippsland Local Studies Room at Bairnsdale library houses the East Gippsland Local Studies Collection, which includes:
- Books written by East Gippsland authors
- Books about East Gippsland
- Ephemera about East Gippsland: journal articles, newspaper clippings, etc.
- The Hal Porter Study, which includes Hal’s desk and chair , bookcase and items he made that have been donated by his family.
- The Local History Database can be searched online by author, title and/or subject and the ephemera collection can also be searched through the Shire’s website.
The Library also organises events at various locations across the Shire during Australian Heritage Week, Family History Month, Victorian History Week, Children’s Week and Seniors Week.
Branches in Bairnsdale, Lakes Entrance, Orbost