Heritage Network East Gippsland was established in 1996 to represent historical societies and family history groups across the region. HNEG acts as a conduit for member groups ideas and concerns at a range of forums.
Members meet regularly and interact on joint projects, The network is dedicated to the protection and promotion of East Gippsland’s history.
We are supported by the East Gippsland Shire Council. Member groups include:
- Buchan Heritage Group Inc.
- East Gippsland Family History Group Inc.
- East Gippsland Historical Society Inc.
- Lakes Entrance Family History Inc.
Resource Centre Inc.
- Lakes Entrance Regional Historical Society Inc.
- Mallacoota & District Historical Society Inc.
- Omeo Historical Society Inc.
- Orbost & District Historical Society Inc.
- Paynesville Maritime Museum Inc.